Images

No Show!

I'm well aware that it's been a while since I posted anything. I've been so busy I've hardly had any time for myself. It's all been fun and I'm certainly not complaining, but I'm exhausted. I'm actually yawning as I type this and all I can think about is eating a pack of biscuits (or a treacle sponge and custard) and then going to bed. Or at least going to sleep, I'm already in  bed.

I'd like to say I have loads of pictures from all the fun I've been having but I really don't. I have baked numerous cakes, puddings and stews but I don't really have a single complete recipe. oops! I very new to the whole 'take pictures as you go along' thing and for the most part I just plain forgot to take the pictures. I also had a couple of weeks of just being unable to cook. It was like I just forgot how. It happens to me every couple of months where, for some inexplicable reason, everything I make tastes absolutely disgusting. I ruined a slow cooker casserole and a set of chocolate truffles. In both cases I know exactly where I went wrong, so in theory it won't happen again, but that doesn't offer much comfort when you've wasted an entire day and have nothing to show for it. I'm going to post the pictures anyway because the steps leading up to the final result were actually ok, I just won't post a recipe as it tasted like crap.

I'm trying to do a lot at the minute and have to be mindful of stretching myself to thin and not doing anything properly. I don't want this blog to be neglected so I figure I'm going to have to start being more proactive about photographing whats going on in my life, since this is a lifestyle blog!

For now, pictures:

Swimming Pool Cake

My Housemate's sister loves swimming and asked me to make this cake for her birthday. It was very late and, by the time I was done, very dark. Not the greatest shots of it being made!








Slow Cooker Chicken and Rib Casserole

This was supposed to be for work. We decided to make a casserole each and take a bit in for tasting. I couldn't subject anyone to this. A combination of too much cider, not enough other liquids and not being at home to keep an eye on it (I was at a spa day so I'm not complaining) meant this tasted extremely bitter.























Barnamint Baileys Truffles

These should have, and would have, been delicious. I did actually use some of the mix and pipe it into some cupcakes but they were way to soft to be rolled. Again, I know why. The chocolate I used went from hot (slightly melted) to cold (set) and back and forth a couple of times. It's still good for eating but the fats are all wrong and so the chips won't melt properly. It meant adding and heating more liquid. And then they wouldn't set properly. Such is life!












0 comments: